Checked into our New Orleans hotel - well after midnight - while getting a drink was "no problem" - not a lot of food to be had - front desk manager suggested pizza or Daisy Dukes - both could be delivered - to the hotel -
Passed on pizza - went for Daisy Dukes - menu on-line - called - ordered in - took about 25 minutes - had I found the NOLA branch of "Five Bros. & A Sister"
- Oyster Po Boy - perfect - what a way to start the 5 days in NOLA - large - fresh oysters beneath their crispy crust - dressed - melt in your mouth - oh-so satisfying -
- Shimp Po Boy - more of the same - loaded with medium sized shrimp - warm - almost fusing with the bread - yet distinct - sauce - practically iinhaleable -
- Jalapeno Poppers - filled with cheese - good spice without overheated fire - touch of sweetness - a few immediately - a few between bites of the po boys - eaten like desert when everything else was gone - can't recommend enough -
- Fried Green Tomatoes - didn't survive the delivery - sogged out by the trip in styrofoam - took a small bite - flavors were there - but the texture was too far gone - we looked at each other - no question this would have to be a pass -
- French Fries - too many to count - but they too - did not survive their journey up to our room - just as well -
Smiling - satiated - we forgave the Fried Green Tomatoes & FFs - the Po Boys had done their job - thanks "Daisy" -